"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Monday, January 19, 2009

I love you!!!



This is Emily's way of signing "I love you." Grandpa Meredith has been trying to teach her the proper sign, and this is what she's come up with. Now, every time we leave either grandparents house, she give hugs and kisses, blows kisses, and then does her I love you sign. We're pretty impressed that she can twist her fingers like that!!

7 comments:

Stringham Family said...

She is so cute! I am going to call you tomorrow and see if we can get together to play this week! I am excited to see you and Emily again! Talk to you tomorrow!

Janelle said...

That is so cute we have tried to teach Olivia the same thing it is so funny what kids come up with to mimmick us!

Jeigh said...

I was trying to teach Jett that the other day! He didn't get it at all! All he could do is keep all his fingers straight out really stiff. That is such a sweet picture. And I love the monkey jammies!

Heather said...

Absolutely adorable!

Ashley Reno said...

That is so cute. I love it.

Aleisha said...

That is so cute! And, we love the PJ's Kaitlyn got the same ones for christmas.

ListPlanIt said...

I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. Your little girl reminds me of when I had just one little girl. It was so fun! Now she has 1 brother and 1 sister and life is much more hectic. Enjoy her!

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com