"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I know, I know, I knnnooowww!! I should be utterly ashamed at how long it’s been since my last blog update. I do have a good excuse! I DO!! Two busy kids and being pregnant with our 3 girl kinda takes it out of ya. Just getting through each day with everyone still alive and hopefully smiling is considered a huge success in our house.
Geoff is still busy working every single day….the poor boy never gets a day off. He does it with a smile and never ever complains. What a man!
Emily is sweet, sassy, and loves to keep life interesting. She’s into Justin Bieber and princesses right now. (When I say “into” I mean she LOVES him, is going to marry him, and has all of his songs memorized.) We bought her a portable karaoke machine for Christmas and she carries is everywhere singing and dancing to the Biebs, Black Eyed Peas, Carrie Underwood, and Rascal Flatts. No Itsy Bitsy Spider or Wheels on the Bus for this gal! She wants to dress like a dancer or a rockin’ star every single day. She’s always planning a party and loves when someone’s birthday comes around. She tried snowboarding for the first time and did pretty well. She cried and giggled the entire time and made her dad so proud. She is determined to grow her hair out so it can be long and golden like Tangled’s.
Abby is sweet and sour. She’s very patient with her sister…for so long…and then the wrath comes out. We are learning not to mess with her when she’s in a bad mood. (I didn’t realize 1 year olds were capable of such mood swings!) She loves Grandpa Sant and Grandpa Meredith and macaroni and cheese. She hates anything that might resemble baby food. She is starting in with Bieber Fever as well and stops to dance anytime she hears “Baby” come on. She’s doing remarkably well since being in the hospital and having surgery. There is still a possibility for two more surgeries in the future, but we’re trying not to think about that. Any sniffle or cough sends us into a total panic, but so far we’ve been able to keep her healthy. She is starting to get more confident with walking. I love watching her walk! Did I mention that today is her 1st birthday? Happy Birthday sweet girl!
Baby Girl #3 is growing and growing and kicking and kicking. I’m still trying to grasp the thought of having 3 girls. Thinking about it scares me a bit. I am so excited to meet this sweet one and get to know her. So far, this pregnancy has gone very well. We had a few scares when Abby was in the hospital, but I’m sure that was due to all the stress. We only have 13 more weeks and I seriously can’t believe how fast it’s gone.

(this is Abby's new accessory....she loves this green necklace and must have it on at all times)



Well, as you can see, life is busy! So great! But so busy!




6 comments:

Heather said...

Such an adorable family! I'm still just so happy for you guys and your cute girls and the new one on the way. I can't believe how grown up Emily looks! What a beauty!

Katie said...

Awesome post. I miss seeing you guys. I'm glad everything is going good and I can't wait for you to have three too. Maybe they can marry my boys but that means you need one more girl. LOL

Roxanne said...

Good job! Wonderful post! I live vicariously through my kids and their friends... and I LOVE it and you all!!! You'll love having three girls- just ask Heather...

Jeigh said...

Happy birthday, Abby! How did I not remember she was born on St. Patty's day? I can't wait to see you guys again! Love ya!

Marta said...

your Mom is grounded, how did I not know about this new baby??? 3 girls...pray for more bathrooms! I hope all goes well for the rest of the prego time. What beauties your little girls are!!!

Stringham Family said...

YAY!!! So many fun things going on for your sweet family! Glad you finally got an update and that you got your blog fixed so you could keep the same one! You guys are awesome! Don't know what I would do without you!