We had such a fun summer vacation this year! It was busy but laid back...perfect for us! We started off in Boise visiting my sister, Paddy. I had only been to Boise once before and Geoff had been there twice, so this was like a new adventure for us. The girls were so excited to sleep at Aunt Paddy's house. The first night we went to the Movie Under the Stars at the park. It was so much fun! There was free face painting and games and a DJ was playing music. Emily was in heaven with the music and couldn't stop dancing. So funny! We watched Hotel Transylvania and ate pizza and popcorn. Definitely the perfect start to our fun vacation!
The next day we went to the zoo. Sophie was in HEAVEN! I'm said to report that the favorite thing there was the fake dinosaurs. Really?!? Yep! Everytime we saw one they would have to stop and see it. Crazy girls! Sophie loved all the animals but was upset that she couldn't pet them.
After the zoo, we were able to stop and walk around the Boise Temple grounds. It's a beautiful temple and I really wish we could've done a session while we were there. Maybe next time.
The next day we took the girls to the aquarium. Abby has been obsessed with octopus' lately so we were excited to show her one in real like. The favorite thing here was the tiny drinking fountains. (I think I need to get my girls out in the world a little more!) They also loved the jelly fish and the sting rays. Paddy bribed Emily with a prize if she touched the string ray. It took a lot of coaxing, but she did it and was so proud of herself.
Next up was the Simplot cabin in Hagerman. I think it's so awesome that Simplot provides cabins (I think they have 4 or 5 all around Idaho) for their employees to enjoy. A few people tried to explain how the cabin looked, but was a shock it was when we saw the beautiful waterfall right in the backyard! This was definitely my favorite part of our vacation because we just relaxed! Geoff's parents joined us, too. The girls were so happy to have Grandma and Grandpa Meredith all to themselves. We played pool, croquet, fished, the girls rode their scooters, and we just hung out. I loved every minute of it and we're determined to make this a yearly event. It was hard coming home and getting back to our normal life again.

No comments:
Post a Comment