I know that some of you have heard about the trials that our little family has had to face these past few weeks. I just want those of you who have shared your concerns, your love, and your experiences, to know that we love and appreciate you more than you’ll ever know. I can’t begin to explain the pain and suffering that has plagued us. But yet, we have been taught so much! I can honestly say that the peace that has flooded our home and our hearts has been overwhelming. One of the most important things that I have learned is that my Heavenly Father and my Savior love me and my little family!!! I also been reminded that there is a plan for me and that no matter the pain and suffering that I have to go through, I have not been forgotten. I have learned to hold my head high, love with all I have, and live for today. I found a few quotes that I have really come to love.
“There is only one day that you and I have to live and that’s today. There is nothing we can do about yesterday except repent, and there may be no tomorrows. This thing for us to do when we arise from our beds as God gives us a new day, is to pray that whatever comes to our hands, we will do it to the best of our ability.” --Harold B. Lee
"On my way to visit the Jameses the other evening, I saw a wheat field that appeared to be greener and taller than the others. Thinking about it for awhile, I concluded that occasionally some loving farmer drives over the field with his tractor and pumps manure all over it. I thought, 'My, it's just like life. Here we are minding our own business, growing our little hearts out. We're really quite green, somewhat productive and very sincere. When out of the blue, life deals us a dirty one, and we're up to our eyebrows in manure. We, of course, conclude that life as we have known it has just ended and will never be the same again. But one day, when the smell and the shock are gone, we find ourselves greener and more productive than we have been.' Unfortunately, no matter how often we go through these growing experiences, we are never able to appreciate the sound of the tractor or the smell of the manure." --Harold W. Wood
Anyway, thank you to my truest friends and my loving family for being there for us in our hour of need. You helped make a devastating experience much easier to bear!! From now on I am really going to try to make each day special and be the best I can be. (I’m also really going to try to start appreciating the smell of manure, too.)
Our Greatest Blessings...
Make it perfect.
10 years ago




2 comments:
Your are great friends and we're so lucky to have you guys in our lives. You have so many people that love you.
Thank you for sharing these thoughts! I appreciate the manure (sp?) story! You are such wonderful people, I feel priveledged to know you!
Post a Comment