"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our 7th Anniversary


On February 16, 2002, Geoff and I were sealed for time and all eternity in the Logan, Utah temple. What a wonderful day! There are many things that I remember about that day, but one that has also stuck out in my mind is something that our sealer said to us. He said that at this moment we think we love each other as much as we possibly could, and he just laughed to himself. He went on to say that as we look back in 5 years, 10 years, and so on, we will have realized that our love for one another is stronger now, and has grown so much deeper than on our wedding day when we thought we were so much in love. As I look back and remember that amazing day, I can't help but laugh to myself...he was so right!!! In these last seven years, we have experienced so many things that have brought us closer as husband and wife and most importantly, closer to our Heavenly Father. I love my husband deeply and I am so grateful for him. He is an incredible person and I feel honored to say that I am his wife. How grateful I am for the gift of eternal marriage and eternal families. What a blessing!!! Geoff, I love you more than you will ever know. Thanks for an amazing seven years and I look forward to all the great things instore for us. I love you!!!

4 comments:

Will and Heidi said...

GREAT BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!
It is so true, love grows with time and nourishment. We are all so blessed! We wish you many more wonderful years and eternities together!

K Lind said...

Congrats! Our sealer said the same thing and it is SO TRUE! It just amazes me how much your love can grow.

Heather said...

Oh, how sweet! I'm wiping tears away. You guys are so cool. I love the picture in the snow, the footprints showing your path up to the temple, kinda symbollic! Happy Anniversary!

amber-girl said...

I LOVE your new picture of Emily and background! We were so glad to come to Pokie last weekend...we really miss it there being with everyone! I wish Em and Carter could play more often too! That was so funny with them jumping on the little trampoline! I think we are going to buy one! Anyway, hopefully we will be down again soon!

Happy Anniversary! What did you guys do? Russ and I can never think of anything really cool to do on ours!!

Thanks for your comment on my blog...you are to nice.