I have been wondering if it’s time to start potty training Emily. There’s a checklist that I found that tells you if they’re ready or not and according to it, she should be ready to go. So, we brought home a little seat that fits on the big potty, thinking that she would be thrilled to sit on it like mommy and daddy do. YEAH RIGHT!!! I asked her if she wanted to sit on it and she was excited…until I took off her diaper. That’s when she realized that you do it with a bare bum…she HATES to be naked. Let’s just say, she screamed the whole time. So we abandoned that idea. Next, we came home with a little people potty. I think she understands that poop goes in there…but not HER poop! Her babies can poop in it, all her stuffed animals can poop in it…but not Emily! I guess we’ll wait for awhile. In the mean time, we’re just going to let her play with her potty (she calls it a “Pot”) and see what happens. She loves sitting on it...with the lid down and her clothes still on her body. I have a feeling that this is going to take some time.
She was very excited this morning, when she remembered her new "pot." She insisted on sitting on it while eating her toast and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
I had the nerve to ask her if she wanted to take off her diaper and try going potty...she wasn't very amused.
Wouldn't that be great....a nice piece of toast and some cartoons while you're sitting on the pot...maybe she's got the right idea.


6 comments:
She is so cute! We are in the same boat with our son. He likes to play with the potty & sit on it clothed but he throws a fit if we even suggest the idea of actually using it for its real purpose. Good luck! If you figure out something that works let me know!
Holy Cow! She is getting so big! I still picture her as a baby, but then I see pictures and realize how much she has grown up. She's so funny. I love those little faces she pulls. And that is so funny that she doesn't like to be naked, so she won't go potty. I've never heard of that particular potty training situation before. We miss you guys. I can't wait to come home and see you! Love ya!
With my son who I am potty training right now....we bribe him with stuff he likes...like cars, snacks and a new movie. So far it seems to work. Like get her a special snack that you will only use for potty training and see if that works. We are just working on the "poopin" part! Thats always the fun part! Have fun and good luck!
Well, I don't have a lot of advice in this area only because Leah took charge on this. However, I do have an awesome book that is designed just for little girls if you want to read that with her. I would also try putting her in panties for a day and see what happens. Maybe if she sees how it feels to have an accident in her underwear she will be more inclined. Leah hates to have accidents. It's messy, but it seems to help. When we put her in pullups she has more accidents. Good Luck! Let me know if you want to borrow our book! Talk to you later!
Oh no-this will be us soon. It is coming faster than I want it to thats for sure. Hopefully Emily will teach Brynlee. :) If I hear of any good ideas I will let you know. Good Luck.
She is getting soooo big! I can't believe she is going to be 2!!! kaitlyn was 2 1/2 before she did anything. Good luck! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment