"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Someday...

i will be able to cross everything off my To-Do list

i will be showered and have my teeth brushed before lunch....or dinner

i will be more patient

i will make something beautiful...(besides babies, I already made two of those)

my house will be clean

dinner will be on time....and yummy

we will be able to use the kitchen table for it's actual purpose

i will feel beautiful

i will get the laundry folded and put away before it's time to wash again

my bed will be made

i will know how to use a sewing machine

we will have lots of money saved

i will be organized

all the dust will be on a rag instead of on my piano

all the fingerprints will be wiped

i won't be this size...ugggghhhh!!!

all the crumbs will be swept

i won't crave sleep and Mountain Dew

i won't have to be a working mother

i won't care what other people think about me

i will be able to enjoy the scriptures again

i won't cringe when the doorbell rings

but not today....today someone needs me...


and that's okay.....

2 comments:

Tiffany Wilson said...

I loved this! I agree someday I will do all those things too. For now though someday will have to do. How are you guys? Your girls are darling!

Willis Family said...

That is so sweet! I love that! I hope that someday I can do all that, too!