Geoff is still working his buns off at Simplot and PRT but he’s happy…exhausted…but happy. He’s been playing a little ultimate Frisbee, some x-box, and a lot of basketball. He also has tons of plans for this summer, including lots of camping and hiking. He makes me tired. I don’t understand where his energy comes from….oh, that’s right….Dr. Pepper! He’s a wonderful daddy and his daughters adore him. He’s also a wonderful husband and his wife sure loves him……the most. My favorite thing he does: he always straightens up the house while I’m away...and the back tickles (Love you!)
About a month ago I started working part-time at Shopko. It’s been a bit of a culture shock for me to be out in the world again. After a very rough first week, not one I ever want to re-live again, we have settled into a nice routine and things are running quite smooth. I never thought I would enjoy being a working mother, but it really hasn’t been too bad. My biggest struggle is how to get things done around our house. Having a little one who wants to be held all day makes for a challenge. But I keep reminding myself that she won’t be this small for much longer, so I’m just trying to enjoy her and forget about the mess for now. My favorite thing right now: starting up scrapbooking again…slowly.
Emily is, well….3. What can I say? For those of you who’ve had a 3 year old, you know what I mean. She’s sassy, attitudey, bossy, crabby, and always ready to shed big crocodile tears when things don’t go her way. But, oh, I love this girl! She’s got to be the cutest and sweetest girl around! Emily has inherited a love of music and singing from her father. She’s always belting out a song, and I love it! Emily also has some grand ideas and any story she hears instantly becomes her story….with a few added details. She also loves her sister and is always whispering “You’re my best friend” to her. My favorite thing she does: When her sister is sad she whispers “Don’t be sad, Jesus loves you!” and her elephant kisses.
Abby is 3 months old now. It’s been fun getting to know her and all of her little quirks. She’s extremely ticklish, only wants mom or dad to feed her, scared of strangers, hates all headbands and hats, and L.O.V.E.S. to sleep! She’s been sleeping through the night for about 3 weeks now! I think she’s going to be our little sleepy head. We’ll never be able to make a morning appointment for her! It takes her a good hour to wake up. She loves the sound of her voice…just like her sister….so I’m sure she’ll be a chatterbox, like Emily. Abby has started giggling the last few days. What gets her every time….her bum being pinched! My favorite things she does: I love, love love, her big gummy smiles!
As you can see, life is pretty good. We have lots of ups and even more downs, but we love each other and that’s makes it all worth it!

2 comments:
Sounds like life is good but crazy. I know how you feel. The picture of the girls is so cute.
Darling post Jen!! You are such a good mom...those kids are so lucky to have you :)
Post a Comment