Emotions have been very close to the surface all day today. September 11, 2001 will be one of those days that will be etched in my mind forever. I was getting ready for work at Inkley's. I always watched the Today Show while I got ready. When I turned it, on the first plane had just hit the World Trade Center and nobody knew what was going on. I remember feeling instant fear, that something just wasn't right. I knew that this wasn't going to be an average day. As I continued getting ready and watching things unfold, my heart sank further and further. I headed into work and we all watched TV the rest of the day. Still trying to understand and soak it all in.And now tonight, as I have watched interviews and videos of that day, I had my three beautiful daughters each by my side, I couldn't keep the tears inside. I have to admit that I fear for my girls and what things they will have to face in the future. I wish I could just keep them by my side and under my wing forever. However, I am so thankful that they were born into this amazing country! I love this country! I am thankful for our freedoms!

No comments:
Post a Comment