"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday

I have the hardest time picking just one "picture of the day"!!! Once I get started taking pictures, I can't stop. (Much to the dismay of my family...except Emily, of course.) Geoff built Emily a gigantic fort. It took up the majority of the living room. Emily and Abby were thrilled with it and spent most of the afternoon in it.
We tried a new recipe for homemade pizza tonight and it turned out divine! It's going to be our new favorite pizza recipe for sure! I was pretty proud of myself for making the dough and sauce from scratch! We are excited to try out some different combinations.
(BTW, both recipes are from Our Best Bites)


This was one of my accomplishments today. I finally got all of the girls hair stuff (or crap, as Geoff would say) all organized. Well, I got the majority of it organized. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all the headbands. I had plans to make a super cute holder, but I just don't have time for super cute projects right now. I'm pretty pleased with it, though. I like that I can see everything! And, I like that there's extra space for more stuff! (I'd better go shopping!)

And last but not least, sweet Sophie has started putting herself to sleep!! WAHOO!!!! We just layer her on her blanket and she kicks around for a bit and then passes out! We just have to swaddle her up and lay her in bed and she'll sleep until 5:30 or 6....sometimes 7! Isn't she THE BEST baby ever?!?!????


1 comment:

Willis Family said...

Mmmmm! That pizza looks heavenly!!! That's so great that Sophie is going to sleep on her own! Teagan did that for a while, then he stopped:( I love your idea for organizing all the hair accessories! What a good mommy!