Our little Abby has been having such a hard time sleeping at night. This has been going on for months. She wakes up scared and climbs into our bed every.single.night. Neither Geoff or I sleep well when we have that extra little person in between us, so one of us, usually me, winds up on the couch. It even got to the point that we would just let her and Emily fall asleep in our bed (because Abby feels safe with Emily near) and then Geoff would carry Emily to bed and leave Abby there. I'm not exactly sure what she's scared of. We've tried everything. Nightlights, leaving the door open, songs, prayers, pep talks, rewards, ect. I kept hearing advice to lock her in her room...or lock our door...or send her back to her room and let her work thru her fears on her own. I hated all of those ideas! For one, she sleeps with her sisters and if she's awake and crying...they're awake and crying. And secondly, it makes me sad to think of her being scared when all she needs is comfort from us. Maybe I'm wrong for thinking this way, but I just didn't feel comfortable with any of those "solutions". So we decided to push Emily and Abby's beds together. They were so excited!! Tonight's the first night so we'll see how it goes. So far so good. Abby hasn't fallen asleep in her own bed for months and she is sleeping peacefully right now. Yay!! That's a huge step in the right direction!
Crossing my fingers for a good nights sleep tonight!!


No comments:
Post a Comment