We really haven't had alot going on the last few weeks. It's been pretty nice because I know the next month will get a little hectic with Christmas approaching.
\A few weeks ago Emily became and All-Star Reader. She's very proud of this accomplishment and worked very hard to achieve it. She had a goal of learning 150 sight words by the end of 1st grade. For every 25 words she passed off she earned a star for her shirt. We are so proud of her!!
Abby had her Thanksgiving Feast for preschool. I was so tempted to just skip the whole thing because I was pretty sure she wouldn't even go up on stage to do her part. But we went and she did great! Grandma and Grandpa Sant came and could tell that it made Abby happy that they came just for her. She had no desire to do any crafts and kept saying "There is too many people for me!" So when it came time for her to go up on stage we were all surprised when she went with her class. She even said her part: "They'll make a feast of me if I should stay."
I love this picture of Grandpa and Sophie coloring. He was just a big help to entertain her during Abby's program.
Emily decided it was time to get her hair cut. I made me a little sad because her hair was getting so long. But she said it was always getting in the way and she was tired of the tangles. I think she looks pretty darn cute with her new do. It fits her bouncy personality. She's excited to surprise everyone at school tomorrow.
I thought these two pictures were funny. This is how Sophie entertained herself during Sacrament Meeting today. She stayed under that chair for most of the meeting and sang and chatted to herself. It made it pretty nice for the rest of us! I was actually able to listen today!
Abby has been practicing writing her name. I think she's doing pretty good! She turns the paper upside down and writes a V and then turns it to the right side, crosses the V and continues on with the rest. Pretty funny. She is very proud of herself and I'm proud, too. It does make me a little sad that she's growing up, though!

No comments:
Post a Comment