(Geoff and the girls watching a movie on the computer.)
Last week was pretty much a "recovery week". Almost everyone in our house was sick. Sadly, the mom was the very sickest.....that's not supposed to happen!! I got a cold about a month ago....not a bad cold, just an annoyance. But as time went on I became sicker and sicker and my cough got pretty nasty sounding. I was exhausted all the time and couldn't really function....I was just in "survival mode" while Geoff was at work and the kids watched ALOT of TV. The minute he walked in the door I would head to bed. I was starting to get worried so Geoff called his brother who's a PA and he said that most likely I had walking pneumonia and prescribed me some meds. Within a few days I could tell I was slowly getting better. Everyone else had a colds, fevers, croupy coughs, puking, and pink eye. It's been pretty rough around here! We've had the humidifier running around the clock and we've been dishing out lots of cough medicine and Motrin.
Emily is still coughing and I'm wondering if we need to head to the doctor to make sure she doesn't have pneumonia. But, even though we've all been miserable, life still goes on. Here's a few things that happened this week.
Tuesday was this handsome man's 34th birthday. We had some fun things planned in Idaho Falls, but he ended up having to work all day which was such a huge bummer. By the time he got home from work it was bedtime for the girls, so we had a quick dinner of French Toast, bacon, and hash browns, and then opened his presents. Emily really wanted to get him a rake and she had the perfect one picked out....and old rusty one from Grandpa Sant's shed. Silly girl. Thankfully Grandpa let her have it. (I'm sure Geoff was thrilled with it!) And funny Abby wanted to get him some hot dogs. She wouldn't let us leave the store until she could pick out the perfect hot dogs for her favorite daddy. We just love this man so much!! He is the best husband and daddy. He works so hard to provide a good life for us. I know he's so tired all the time, but he always tries to be happy and full of energy when he gets home from work. He isn't one of those men who just sits around when he's home, either. He's always up helping with the kids and helping me get things picked up. I love him!
I'm sad this is the only picture I took of him that day. He was pretty spoiled with some ammo, a book about Mormon outlaws, and a bunch on money and gift cards for new tools. I'm still sad that his day didn't turn out how we had planned. Hopefully sometime soon we can have a "make-up" day and have some fun in Idaho Falls.
I'm pretty sure Sophie is going to drive me batty before her 3rd birthday! If she isn't getting into things she shouldn't, she is climbing or destroying something. (Amazingly, the minute the other two girls aren't around she turns into a cuddly angel.) This latest battle wound was quite the doosy. Geoff and I were trying to get the furniture moved after cleaning the carpets and we heard a loud crash followed by screaming. Never good. Geoff found Sophie on the floor of the girls bedroom next to Emily's dresser that was tipped over and their TV and DVD player on the floor. Thankfully she just got a cut under her eye...that turned into a pretty good black eye the next day. I am so grateful that that's all that happened to her....it could've been SOOOO much worse! Hopefully that'll teach her a little lesson.
While Geoff and I were out on a date with some friends, we got a call from Emily that she had lost a tooth!! YAY!! This tooth has been loose for months and really needed to come out. The only problem was that she lost it so Grandma Sant helped her write a letter explaining what happened. She was pretty relieved that The Tooth Fairy left her some money anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment