"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Monday, October 20, 2008

I've been tagged!!!

1. Link to the person who tagged you:
Our good friend Katie tagged me
lindsayfamily-photo.blogspot.com
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website

Okay...here we go:
1. I am the youngest child in my family. So would say that I'm spoiled, but I firmly disagree...I'm just the favorite! I grew up in a big family, but was pretty much raised as an only child. See, I was a bit of a "surprise" for my parents. The sibling closest to me in age is 7 years older and my oldest brother is 16 years older. When I was a baby, people thought that my dad was my grandpa. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters, and 16 neices and nephews. I love my family so much!!

2. I love to scrapbook!! I'm not very good, but I think it's so much fun! My good friend Tiffany once told me that I needed to start being brave and quite making everything so straight! It's very true...every single picture on every single page is nice and straight and evenly spaced. I should just use and album instead. She was so proud on me when I actually tore some paper for one of my pages.

3. This one is similar to the last one. I love it when certain things are nice and straight and in order. It's weird because I'm really particular about certain things and not others. For example, in you were to look in my kitchen cabinets, the one with plates is no neat and tidy, right next to it, my cabinet with tupperware is so messy, because I just can't get them to stack nicely. So, I just shove them in and shut the door really fast! I'm also really crazy about folding towels and our underwear. I have a certain way of folding them and they just look so nice folded and stacked. All of our other laundry...I could care less about it. Geoff have tried to help me fold clothes, and he just can get the towels and the underwear right, so he doesn't even try anymore...his job is socks!!

4. I have always wished that I could sing and dance. Sadly, I don't have an ounce of talent in either area. When I was younger I would daydream about being an incredible singer and being on stage with people cheering. The most ironic thing about this is that I married into a family of the most talented singers I have ever met. Every single one of them love music and have the most incredible voices. I'm just hoping that our daughter is able to sing like them, too.

5. A fews years ago, I learned that I'm terribly afraid of birds. I've never really had much to do with birds, until my sister-in-law, Amber brought home a bird. She was living at Geoff's parents house while Geoff's brother was on a mission (that's quite a story) and she had this stupid bird that let out of his cage ALL THE TIME!!! That bird would dive people's heads and it liked mine the most. It would scare me so bad and I would start shaking and crying. To this day, birds are not my friends! When we take Emily to the pet store, she loves going in the bird room. Geoff is nice and takes while I stay a safe distance from them!!

6. This may sound gross to some...but I am totally obsessed with ears and bellybuttons. I can't stand it people have ear wax in their ears!! It takes everything in me to keep my hands to myself. I just want to reach over and clean them out!!! Sometimes if I see a really gross ear, I lay awake a night and think about it! When I was little I would go to all my brothers and sisters and parents and clean their ears for them. I also love to clean out my bellybutton! I don't understand people who won't clean out their buttons...it stinks!!! Geoff is a very good sport and will let me clean is ears as much as I want...but he won't let me anywhere near is button. He won't even let me look at it. For some reason, bellybuttons gross him out. Emily has taken after me and is always sticking her fingers in her ears and her button. She really likes Geoff's button and is always trying to stick her finger in it. So, a word of warning, when you're around me keep in mind that I'm looking it your ears to see if they're clean!!

Well, that's some strange things about me. I want to hear all about you! I am tagging: Tiffany Neilsen, Tiffany Stringham, Aleisha McConkie, and all the Meredith's!

4 comments:

K Lind said...

I'm so glad that I am not the only one who has an obsession with cleaning ears and stuff! Unfortunately for Preston, I'm also obsessed with keeping his nose clear of "debris".
~ Kjerstin

Marta said...

I always knew you were wierd, but I just never knew the extent of the wierdness! I like clean ears too, but try not to pry into other people's business!

Katie said...

That was great, now I know alittle more about you. You guys are so great and I'm thankful that your our friends. We need to get together.

Stringham Family said...

That was a very funny post. I had to laugh about the bellybutton part and the ear part. It cracked me up. We do need to get together. I am pretty busy the next few weeks. But I will call you and see when works for you. Talk to you later.