"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Monday, May 11, 2009

A day of mourning....

Well, today is a sad day. After much thought and heartache, I'm announcing that it's time to be done with my daily guilty pleasure. Oh friend, how I'm going to miss you. I've decided to start making some changes in my life and you, my friend, are the first to go. What a sad, sad day.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Good Luck... and it definitely is a sad day to get rid of such friend. Hope all goes well with this departing.

Stringham Family said...

Sad! Sad! I need to let go of my good friend Diet Coke, but I'm not ready to make that departure quite yet! Good Luck with your good bye! Hope you find something that can make you just as happy that isn't so bad for you!

K Lind said...

Good luck. I need to do that with Diet coke. Keep strong and withstand those headaches. Caffine withdrawl is a killer.

Katie said...

You've got to get Donnie do to that. He said the only other things that hits the spot the same way is chocolate milk. I better start buying up.

Heather said...

Wow, I hope it goes well. I'm like the other ladies, I should say farewell to Diet coke, but well, it's just not my time yet. ;) Plus whenever I have tried to stop, I find myself actually drinking more. ugh

Evelyn said...

Way to go!!! Those first several days are so hard but keep going! Ha ha! I'm sure it's painful for you, but I did have to laugh at your post! Funny!

Holi and TJ said...

You are hilarious!! I was a little nervous when I saw the title of your blog. You scared me. I am proud of you giving up Mtn Dew. You won't regret it!!