
I still can't believe I have three daughters! And yet, in the same breath, it feels like each one of them have been with us forever. She just fits perfectly into our family. Have I ever mentioned how much I love newborns? Babies are super hard....but the sweet moments far out weigh the bad ones. I love the feeling you get while holding a sweet baby. They certainly bring the feeling of heaven into your home. One of my very favorite times with this sweet girl is in the early morning hours. (Probably because it's the only time we have alone!) I love being able to actually have time to sit and hold her and stare at her beauty. I am amazed that we have made yet another beautiful girl.
Here are some special things about our tiny Sophie Jane...

Last Sunday was her blessing day. These days have got to be one of my very favorites. It's a very special feeling to see my sweet baby surrounded by the Priesthood and given a beauitful blessing. Geoff gave her a beautiful blessing. It was so sweet of most of our family to sacrifice their time (and sleep) to be here and support us. We are so lucky and blessed to be loved by so many! The dress she wore was my blessing dress made by my grandma. I love this dress and each one of our girls have worn it. She also had a beautiful blanket wrapped around her, made by her Grandma Meredith.
Sophie is a very calm baby. She hardly ever cries....unless the usual hungry, poopy, or burpy.
She loves to be swaddled. The minute we wrap her up, she smiles and her eyes get all heavy. We don't even have to rock her to sleep. Just wrap her up tight, lay her down, and she's out.
She's really strange about her hands. They much be covered at all times or she can't settle down. I really hope she outgrows it! I'm worried she's gonna be one of those weird kids that wears gloves all the time!
Sophie loves to be walked around. We could tell the minute she could start seeing things better because she didn't want to be held close anymore. She wants to be facing out where she can see everything. We can always get a smile out of her when she spots the ceiling fan or leaves blowing.

A few weeks ago, Sophie figured out how to give out the real smiles. Oh, they just melt me! We can always tell when a smile is coming. Her eyes tell it all. They are sparkly when she's happy or cloudy when she's sad. Now that she's got the smile down, she's starting to make those sweet cooing noises. It's so fun to watch her try to talk to her dad or sisters!
How grateful I am to have yet another beautiful daughter. Each one of them brings a different sweetness into our family. Each one of them teaches me in different ways. I am looking forward to watching these beauties grow up and become best friends.
1 comment:
She is sooooo sweet! I love that she loves her hands covered just like my kids did!
Post a Comment