"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things that I love today

I love nothing more than thunderstorms!! The big, loud, rattle your whole house, ones! I L.O.V.E. them! Especially when they happen in the middle of the night. I love to snuggle up to my hunny and enjoy each and every clap of thunder!




(BTW, Geoff took this picture. Isn't it awesome?!???)




This is my new favorite blog! Can I just say that I'm pretty sure the tips and ideas on this blog are going to save me? If I can just use a few of her ideas, I know I will feel more "in control" of my life. I just know it!



I'm sure all of you know by now that these gals are my favorite! Today was a good day. I heard more giggles than screams. I love listening to Emily and Abby laugh together.

Do I need to even explain myself?

This article really hit me today. It was a sweet reminder to me that I need to treat people with more kindness, more patience, and more love. I would like to think I treat people fairly and with kindness....but I know I don't do it all of the time. I know I don't treat everyone this way. After reading this, I am going to do better.


1 comment:

Willis Family said...

Thanks for introducing me to that organization blog. But a HUGE thank you for showing me that article. It was so good and it showed me a lot of things I'm doing wrong. Thanks Jenny:)