"The family. We are a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together."
--Erma Bombeck
"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."
--Mother Teresa

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September, oh how I love you!

I love September! It has got to be my very favorite month! I love the sudden chill in the air. (Can you feel it, too?) I love the rows and rows of school supplies. (I could spend hours walking up and down the isles and looking at each and every thing! School supplies weren't this cool when I was in school!) I love the feeling of starting fresh. September is my favorite time to set new goals and start new habits. It's also and exciting month....a "prep month." It's time to start getting ready for all the fun things coming up....holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, more holidays, and more birthdays. And the food! Oh the food! I get so excited to start making soups and yummy desserts again! September brings a whole new excitment to me this year.

All because of this girl....
She started Preschool today! Emily has been begging us to let her go to school for so long! She was so ready and sooooo excited! I half expected her to change her mind when it was time to go, but she went right to her class and never looked back. The only thing she was nervous about was if she had to go to the bathroom and couldn't reach the toilet paper! All morning she kept asking me what she should do if that happened. We talked about it and came up with a plan. When we picked her up she let me know that our bathroom plan worked out great! I am so excited for her! She is going to learn so much and will love every single minute of it!

Oh, and BTW, I'm sure most of you have noticed that we haven't gone private yet. I'm still on the fence about it. However, I have noticed that alot of people have sent me their emails....but never invited me to their private blogs. :( So, all of you privates out there....I wanna read your blogs, too!!! Please?


1 comment:

Willis Family said...

You are already invited to my blog! Emily looked so cute on her first day of school! What a little sweetie! Fall is my favorite time of year,too!!