Geoff had a week off of work! 5 whole days!! That is unheard of!! We were all so excited to have him home with us allday everyday!! Our original plan was to travel to the Oregon Coast with my family. However, with the insane amout of medical bills that we have, we decided it would be smarter for us to stay home. (Plus, the thought of driving for 14 hours each way with three little ones didn't sound very appealing.) Maybe in a few years. So, we were determined to make our "stay-cation" fun and enjoyable. I have to say that we had a pretty good time!
We spent alot of time hanging out at home laying on the air mattress, watching movies, eating tons of junk food, and drinking more pop than we should.
(and had a scrumptious dinner at Cafe Rio!)
(Emily was excited that she matched the zebras)
(Even Sophie had a good time!)
The ice cream truck stopped by our house....
We finished off our week with a little mini golfing....
*went to a movie
*Geoff went for a bike ride on some crazy trail up City Creek
*Emily finished up her gymnastics class for the summer
*did a little shopping
*did some sleeping in
*I got to have a girls night with a great friend
*Abby learned how to walk up the stairs without holding on...
(it gives me a heart attack everytime)
*and even more laying around being lazy and eating
We only had one "not so fun" thing to do this week. Sophie had her two month check-up. This is my least favorite check-up. I hate when they have to get shots for the first time! It's so sad! But, I was strong and she did great! She is having some feeding problems that we're concerned about. She's been having trouble swallowing without choking. We really have to concentrate when we feed her and make sure she is getting enough air. Her doctor thinks she may have the same problems as Abby (a laryngeal cleft) or her tiny chin could also be the problem. So, here's the plan : First, we have to thicken her formula with rice cereal to make it easier for her to swallow.
Second, if that isn't fixing the issues, then we will give her Zantac twice a day to help with reflux (GERD). Third, we will go back in a month to do a weight check and talk with the doctor about how things are going. Fourth, if things haven't changed, then we will do a Swallow Study. And fifth, if they find a mechanical problem during the swallow study, then we will head down to Primary Children's to see a specialist. So right now, we are just focusing on thickening her formual and giving her the Zantac. Adding the cereal to her formula has helped some, but not completely. So, last night we started giving her the Zantac (which she totally hates!). I'm not sure if it's helping since she's only had two doses so far. (I'm praying that it will magically fix whatever issues she's having.) I can't allow myself to even think about all the next steps. We will cross those bridges when we get to each of them.
So, we now have two more weeks until preschool and gymnastics start back up for Emily. Plus, Geoff's work schedule is changing for the better....now he gets to go to all of church! And, I'm going to start doing a little babysitting one day a week. Being busy is good, though! It'll keep us out of trouble!! I am so grateful that we had this week just for us. It was so nice to be together and enjoy each other! The girls loved having their dad around all the time. He's back to work today though. Us girls are all going through major withdrawls!!


1 comment:
You got some really good pictures this week! I'm glad you had a good Staycation! I hope the zantac works for little Sophie!! Your girls are little dolls!
Post a Comment